With no options left, I decided to transfer all the web data into Word as a backup solution. Just in case anything goes wrong, at least the vital information of the site remains intact. A smart way of not having to re-type everything. Okay, fine. I’m lazy. Hey, being lazy makes you creative!
Compiling all data into Microsoft Word.
Once I had all the information in place, I began working on the site. Stripping it down to almost nothing, like a major renovation. I installed a new theme and use the colour of Tiara’s logo as the theme colour for the website.
I went ahead with a dark-greyish tone that matches with the light-green of Tiara’s logo. It gives off somewhat a cool and refreshing feel. Added in orange as the contrasting colour for buttons. Who doesn’t like to click/tap on an orange button?
Since the original Tiara’s website was a one-page website, I decided to keep it that way, but with a little bit of twist. First, the fonts were changed. I decided to use one Google font for uniqueness and a web-safe font for reading to keep the loading times low. Before that, Izzat’s website had more than 3 fonts which partly attributed to the slow load times.
Subsequent sections of the homepage.
The layout of the design was rearranged to give it a cleaner look at more white spaces were used to give emphasis on the written words. Apart from that, the images on the page were all edited and resized to their appropriate dimensions.
They’re also optimized for the web as the extremely large file sizes contributed to the extremely large page size of 9.02MB. Reducing the file sizes definitely helped in reducing the load times, which I’ll show you in a while.
In the meantime, I had to make sure that the site loads nicely on mobile since more than 90% of Malaysian surf the net using their mobile phones these days.
Tiara’s layout is mobile responsive.
The colour scheme looked palatable to me but more importantly, what Izzat thought about the new layout.